Students are hereby instructed to strictly follow the disciplinary rules of the College. One is not expected to plead that one is not aware of the existence of such rules. Ignorance of rules is no excuse. Students are expected to read the notice board on a day to day basis. It is the duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college and conduct himself/herself with decency and decorum. Violation of the rules will result in disciplinary action against the offenders and imposition of punishment including dismissal.
1. Identity Cards Compulsory
All students admitted to the college shall compulsorily wear their Identity Cards whenever they are present on the college campus. All payments, issue of certificates, mark lists etc., will be made only on production of the Identity Card. The Identity Card shall be surrendered to the office at the time of claiming the refund of caution deposit or issuing of Transfer Certificate/Qualifying Certificate, whichever is earlier.
2. Mobile Phones Banned
The use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited on the college campus as per Government order. Offenders will be levied with fine and the mobile phone will be confiscated.
3. Mandatory Dress Code
The students should wear their prescribed uniforms. On certain days allowed by authorities, students can wear decent dress, preferably saree/churidar (Girls) and pants and shirt (Boys) subject to rules prescribed by the department.
4. Outsiders not permitted
4.1 Outsiders are not permitted to meet any of the staff or students on college campus without the permission of the Principal.
4.2 Students shall not bring any outsiders except the parent/guardian to the college premises for any purpose whatsoever without the permission of the Principal.
5. Conduct Certificate will not be issued as a matter of course. It has to be earned by the students’ good conduct and behaviour. The decision of the Principal shall be final regarding this matter.
6. Every morning we begin our work with a prayer song. When the bell goes at 9.30 a.m., all the members of the staff and students are expected to keep standing in silence till the prayer song ends.
7. Students should be seated in their respective class rooms before the teaching hour commences.
8. Students should be seated in their respective class rooms by 9.25a.m. and should not leave the classes except during intervals.
9. When a student wants to enter or leave the classroom while the class is on, he/she shall do so only after getting the permission of the teacher.
10. During the absence of the teacher and while moving from one class to another, students are expected to keep silence.
11. Students shall not loiter on the verandas or college premises during working hours for any reasons whatsoever.
12. Students are advised to use the library during free periods.
13. Students shall not enter any class other than their own.
14. No indecent representation shall be made by any student towards any other student either in words, letters, gestures or by any other means.
15. The students are bound to obey the directions given by the teachers and disobedience to such directions would amount to serious misconduct.
16. A student who has any complaint against any other student, teaching staff or non-teaching staff, shall represent the same either in writing or orally to the Principal directly, or to the tutors or to the Department Heads or to the Disciplinary Committee. Such representations can be made, if necessary by the parents/ guardian of the students
17. Political activities are strictly prohibited inside the college premises.
18. Students shall not bring flags, placards, leaflets, pamphlets, notice boards, banners, posters or any publicity material of any political parties or student organisations to the campus.
19. Students shall keep away from all sorts of agitations like strike, disturbing classes, taking out processions, uttering slogans etc. on the college premises.
20. As per the order of the Honourable High Court of Kerala on writ appeal No. 535/2003 and judgement on review petition dated 20 February 2004, all strikes, demonstrations, agitations, dharnas, gheraoes and the like are banned inside the college campus. Students who violate the above rules are liable to be dismissed from the college.
21. Issuing of Certificates
21.1. Those who apply for duplicate TC shall produce a certificate from Gazetted officer stating that the TC issued to the students has been irrecoverably lost.
21.2. A fee of Rs25/- will be levied on those who apply for duplicate TC. Normally the fee for duplicate TC will be accepted on Wednesdays in the college office
22. Conduct Certificate Conduct Certificate is a document, which a student has to earn, it will not be issued as a matter of course. It will be issued at the end of the course. No fee will be levied for the issue of it. Normally Conduct Certificate will not be issued after the student leaves the college.
23. Course Completion Certificate Course completion certificate will be issued at the end of the course or anytime of the course on request. No fee will be levied for its issue.
24. Attendance and Leave
24.1. Students should be regular and punctual in attending classes.
24.2. Attendance will be marked at the beginning of each hour by the teacher engaging the class.
24.3. If one teaching hour is missed it is equal to missing half a day’s attendance.
24.4. Students who do not have at least 75% of attendance are not eligible to appear for university examinations.
24.5. A student abstaining from classes without proper acknowledgment of leave for more than fourteen consecutive working days will have his/her name removed from the rolls.
24.6. Application for leave of absence should be submitted in the prescribed form to the Principal through the Tutor concerned. Bona fide applications will be positively considered subject to University regulations.
24.7. Applying for leave of absence does not imply that the leave will be granted.
24.8. Application for condonation of shortage of attendance may be forwarded to the University only if the absence is on medical ground and necessary Medical Certificate is attached.
24.9. In the case of medical leave, Medical Certificate should be submitted along with the application for leave or soon after the medical treatment is over.
24.10. Students who could not attend classes on account of their participation in NCC / NSS activities, sports and games, university arts festivals, seminars, workshops and such other extracurricular activities within or outside the campus may submit an application for leave to the Principal, through proper channel. Bona fide applications will be positively considered subject to University regulations.
24.11. No student is expected to approach the Principal or the Principal’s office in person for enquiry on attendance. In case of any doubts or grievances, they may approach the Office/Academic Consultant.
25. Ragging: A Serious Criminal Offence Students shall not indulge in ragging or in any other activities causing harassment or difficulties to the fellow students in the college. Any student involving in ragging activities will have to face penal proceedings in accordance with the provisions in the Ragging Prohibition Act of the Govt. of Kerala.
26. Other Rules & Regulations
26.1. Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited on the campus. Students shall not use or bring tobacco or its products, intoxicating drinks or narcotic substances to the college.
26.2. Students shall not go on tour, picnic or excursion without the written permission of the Principal. Prior written permission of the Principal is necessary for organising processions, meetings, entertainment programmes, functions in the college; for collecting funds from the students/staff; and for distributing notice or putting up any notice on the notice board.
26.3. Students shall not cause any loss or damage to the college property. Intentional causing of loss or damage will be considered a serious misconduct. The offenders will be proceeded against for the same and will be liable for recovery of the loss. Unintentional causing of loss or damage will result in the recovery of loss or damages from the offenders.
26.4. Students shall not write or make any marks on the walls or any part of the college property. If found guilty, they are liable to be punished and the expenses for the repair work will be recovered from the offenders.
26.5. Cinematic dances are not permitted inside the campus.
26.6. Congregating at the entrance of the college gate and sitting on the portico and the steps of the staircase are to be avoided.
26.7. Students are free to follow and practise any religion of their choice but external worship other than catholic is not allowed in the college.
26.8. Students are bound to obey the directions, issued from time to time, by the Principal, Teachers and the authorities. Disobedience to such directions would amount to serious misconduct.
26.9. Any student, who is found to have conducted himself/herself in any indecent or disorderly manner inside or outside the class room in the college premises is liable to be proceeded against for the said misconduct.
26.10. A teacher may send a student out of the class if the student misbehaves in the class. If any student is sent out of the class, the teacher and the student shall report the matter to the Principal.
26.11. The Principal shall have the power to inflict the following punishments upon the offenders: fine, cancellation of attendance, withholding the term certificate, forfeiting education concession and scholarship, suspension, compulsory issue of T.C. without the application from the student or guardian, and expulsion.